Tuesday, July 15, 2008

This is how the story went:
I met someone by accident
It blew me away.

It was in the darkest of my days
when you took my sorrow and you took my pain.
You buried them away.


You dropped me off at the train station,
put a kiss on top of my head.
You watched me away.

Then you went on home to your skyscrapers,
your neon light and waiting papers
You call them home.


I woke up feeling heavy hearted.
I'm going back to where I started.
Morning rain.

Now though I wish that you were near,
that same old road that brought me here.
It's calling me home.


I wish I could lay down beside you when the day is done.
And wake up to your face against the morning sun.
But like everything I've ever known,
you'll disappear one day.
So I spend my whole life hiding my heart away.

I could spend my whole life hiding my heart away.

No comments: