Thursday, January 10, 2008

Above Average

The average American woman owns 19 pairs of shoes. It's good to know I'm above average. But I must admit I had no idea how far I exceeded the norm when it comes to shoes. I know I have a lot of shoes, I just had no idea I had that many more shoes than is considered normal. In fact, just 15 percent of women own 30 pairs of shoes, according to the Consumer Reports National Research Center.

Confession: I have 31 pairs of shoes, not counting flip-flops and a few pairs that I've been meaning to give to Goodwill.

5 comments:

gL said...

my favorite (on you) are the high gloss red heels!

Phil said...

It takes so little to be more than average.

Silvia said...

Wow! I'm so glad that I'm not the only one! We can start our own support group now! I own 64 pairs...

and I'm expecting another addition to our little family this weekend :)

Mindy Hart said...

so did you know that number off hte top of your head? I honestly have NO idea how many pairs of shoes I own... I mean, yes, I can go to my closet and start counting...but even to make a good guess...i wouldnt know where to start! probably 30 ish :)

The Doctor said...

you mean you count them by pairs?