Thursday, December 13, 2007

Hope Springs Eternal or Confessions

In light of the Mitchell Report, I feel it's time to come clean. The last thing I need is a senator revealing my secrets to the world. So I'm going to preempt any investigations or hearsay and just admit the truth.

I wait until the last possible moment to RSVP to weddings. You might be saying to yourself, "that's not so bad, lots of people do that." But I haven't told you my reason yet.

I wait until the last possible moment to RSVP because I am secretly hoping I will acquire a boyfriend before the RSVP date. Think of it! I could finally take advantage of the "and guest" portion of the invitation!

I have a wedding invitation on my dresser right now and I can't bring myself to RSVP for it because of the teensy, tiny, extremely unlikely possibility that I might have an "and guest" by the time of the wedding in mid-February.

Of course, the RSVP is required by mid-January, making that teensy, tiny, extremely unlikely possibility even more of a fairy-tale dream.

3 comments:

Ulovebeth said...

Nothing is impossible with God.

leslie said...

i do the same thing, i don't think it's bad at all

Mindy Hart said...

ahhh... i hate weddings. :-) mostly for the same reasons! and I do the same thing...except I'd settle for a nice male friend who will accompany me- they don't even have to be my boyfriend! :)