Monday, November 12, 2007

Blog Thoughts

I didn't plan to mop the kitchen at 10pm last night. But when I dropped the wet coffee filter filled with coffee grounds on the floor and the grounds went SPLAT all over the place, it became apparent I was going to mop the kitchen at 10pm last night.

Usually my dreams come in the form of suspense/thrillers or dramas. There's also the occasional slapstick comedy. Last night I dreamt in technicolor chick-flick. I was leaving church and a guy was walking out with me. He took my hand to help me down the steps and then he kept holding my hand as we walked out to the parking lot. Right as I was thinking to myself "does he realize we're holding hands?" he turned to me and smiled and asked me what I thought about the fact that we were holding hands. I replied "um, why don't you tell me what YOU think about it?" He said he liked it and liked me and wanted to know how I felt about that. Then we lived happily ever after. Ok, not really. But you get the idea.

I left the house early this morning, congratulating myself on getting on the road ahead of time and thinking with pleasure how I would be at the office before anyone expected me to be there. About 7 minutes into my commute I realized I left my lunch on the kitchen counter at home. Yes, that's right. I turned around and went back for my lunch. And lost all the extra time I had previously congratulated myself upon.

Best quote of the day:
"A naked woman is a naked woman is a naked woman. They just want them to be naked."

No comments: