Monday, March 05, 2007

Why yes, it IS Monday

I'm really out of it today. I woke up this morning and for some reason my brain was telling me that it was 12:30 in the afternoon! Fortunately, the time was actually 7am...but I didn't realize that until after the heart-pounding, jolt-out-of-bed, gut reaction had already kicked in. After I calmed down, I got ready for the day.

Even though I was awake on time, I ended up running a little late. It wasn't until I had already left and was heading toward my daily assignment that I realized I had left my media credentials back at the house. So I had to turn around and go back for them (I needed them to gain entrance to the HLSR today). Okay, finally on the road.

I was sort of in my own little world and not really paying much attention to where I was going, so it took several minutes for me to realize that instead of heading to the Reliant Center on the 610 Loop, I had exited onto 59 and was heading toward downtown. So I took the scenic route to the rodeo.

Once I got there, I couldn't get in touch with my media contact and ended up wandering around the stock show for about half an hour, looking for the person I wanted to interview.

I am now back at the office and the day is only half over. I'm scared.

1 comment:

Mookee said...

You don't get up until 7:00. Lucky.

I've actually both gotten up on a Monday thinking it was a Friday (that's horrible ... though the Friday thinking it's Monday isn't so bad) and, worse, I slept in on a Friday thinking it was Saturday. One of my buddies called me and asked, "What are you doing?"

I said, "It's 8:00, I'm sleeping, what do you think I'm doing?"

He said, "I figured you'd be at work."

I said, "Why would I be at work on a Saturday, you moron?"

He said, "Well, everyone here is worried about you because we all thought it was Friday."

I said, "Um ... ok, I'll be there in an hour."