Thursday, January 25, 2007

The other side of me

A recent excerpt from my journal:

Cold coffee in my cup. I'm listening to the rain fall. Falling, falling - it washes the dirt down the streets. Cement glistens, slick with the rush of new water. This is rain that's never been here before. Breathed up into the atmosphere and carried here to this place to fall on me. I sit and listen - always wonderful and captivating. Will the sound of rain ever grow worn or boring? It entrances me - I am mesmerized. I feel like the world is crying with me. The earth knows how I feel - that gloom and chill and rushing, flowing, falling must happen to ease the heart. The rain is an aching - it hurts and stings and heals and awakens. I breathe it in.

3 comments:

Ulovebeth said...

Wow. I'm impressed! My journal tells what I had for dinner and if I saw any cute boys that day. It's been the same for 18 years.

Alyssa said...

There is definitely a reason you're a reporter. You have a gift for communicating what you're thinking, feeling, and experiencing. :)

Anonymous said...

your words never fail to move me. i relate, so deeply, i feel as if you give the current of my heart freedom through your articulation... and at the same time, i have no idea what you are talking about! you, i adore.