Thursday, November 16, 2006

Squishyness!

Yesterday afternoon our office receptionist called my desk. She said "Girl! Sharon and Jennifer and I need you to come down to the desk and pick up a package right away!" So I headed down to the reception area. While walking down there, I was wondering what the package was. Sometimes local PR companies will send us press releases and promotional packages. Often, those packages include food. So I figured the ladies wanted me to come down and open my package because it had food in it and they wanted to eat some.

I arrived at the desk and all three of them were excitedly hovering around the kind of box that I never expected to see. It was a long florist's box. They all wanted to know who was sending me flowers. I was as excited and bewildered as they were! I opened the box to find one and a half dozen long-stem roses! By this time, I was giddy! I opened the card to find a thank-you note for cooking dinner and "for being such an incredible friend." I was speechless. I couldn't stop smiling all afternoon.

While driving to the office this morning, I started smiling just thinking about my roses and the sweet guy that sent them to me. Oh, and just to clarify -- the roses were ordered before the guy read my blog entry about dinner and video games. So they weren't even apology roses! They were just pure, sweet, thoughtfulness! Big, BIG smiles. :}





5 comments:

Ulovebeth said...

I thought maybe the roses could have been from MURDOC. I HEARD YOU ON THE RADIO!! It was really exciting! Yesterday evening--and this morning, too! Same story, but it was great. I like how you say, "U.S." in your radio voice. Very NPR-PRI-like.
Congrats on the roses. Keep the leaves out of the water and trim them daily to keep up their beauty.

Anonymous said...

Gosh, my very favorite flower in all the world. Wish I had an admirer to send me roses. Enjoy them as long as possible.
I love this blog!
Moms

Anonymous said...

aw, isnt it funny the effect that roses have on girls! haha... and i am smiling across the country! just warmed by his thoughtfulness.

leslie said...

they're beautiful, that must have been some dinner!

Anonymous said...

i just need to know more about this!