Wednesday, November 15, 2006

O MY!

Apparently it doesn't take much to excite me. I have been accused of having orgasms over the red cups at Starbucks.* I know there are those who really enjoy their Starbucks "experience." Dovie and her Chantico and Todd and his indulgent hot chocolate come to mind. For the record, Starbucks isn't really an orgasmic experience for me. I'm no Meg Ryan.

By now, several of my readers are uncomfortable. Beth is probably freaking out. It's okay everyone. Just because we're Christian singles doesn't mean we can't use the "O" word sometimes. I know. I'm committing Baptist blasphemy. Give me a break people. I just wrote the word on my blog, it's not like I actually had one.

That just crossed the line, didn't it?

Yep. I officially pole-vaulted right over the line. But you know what? You liked it. That's why you, my friend, are a faithful QQ reader. I've got you pegged. Play out the line, dangle the bait, wait until you take a nibble, toy with the line a bit and then next thing you know...WHAM! You're hooked! Which is why you'll tune in tomorrow just to see what I'll say next...

*Read Shanna's blog for context

7 comments:

Ulovebeth said...

How did you know I would freak out over that?? But I really didn't, because earlier today I read Erin B's blog which did freak me out--it involves a red spatula and not a red cup.
BTW, When Harry Met Sally is my absolute favorite movie. After watching it, I fell in love with Harry Connick, Jr.'s music.

Ulovebeth said...

I messed up. The spatula wasn't red. It was something else she got as a gift that starts with a "t" and rhymes with "song", and there is actually a song about it, and that's all I can write. I just can't write that word.
Kind of like Dinah with the "p" word.

Anonymous said...

hey you're really funny!! thanks!

Anonymous said...

Laurie you make me laugh so hard. I am so anxious for Dovie to get home so we can meet.
I wonder if Dinah's "p" word is the same as mine. I have one I cannot stand to hear or say. :):)
Moms

The Doctor said...

As a Physician it seems that this post and that particular peculiar palabra (p-word) have been known to be paired periodically. Perhaps I too am passing a point of prudence, but please (that's not the word, is it?) understand, I'm a Professional with a penchant for playful and puerile pondering.
(In case people are puzzled, I'm probing the perimeters to see if I might possibly put a phalanx on the problematic P-word that has been purported to provoke paroxysms of penmanship and pronunciation).
Pleased as punch with your posting,
Dennis.

Shanna said...

For the record, Laurie, I would never accuse you of having an orgasm over a red cup. This is just the year of the kiss. Don't get carried away.

leslie said...

oh wow! I am blushing and I don't get embarrassed!