Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Deja vu all over again

I cooked dinner for my boyz last night. Remember this entry? Um, yeah. I was cooking the meal and stepped into the living room to ask a question. That's when I realized the guys were playing video games. Halo 2, to be exact. It reminded me of a quote from a book: "If you boys would grow up, you might be having sex by now instead of playing Super Mario XXXIV."

I asked them if they were intentionally trying to give me blog matieral. One guy responded that it was the least they could do in return for me cooking dinner for them. Nice.

Now, to be perfectly fair, there isn't a whole lot of room in the kitchen and there's not a whole lot they could do to help out. So it's not that I think playing video games while I'm cooking is rude. It's just that, by the time the meal was ready, I felt like I was calling the kids to come in for dinner.

6 comments:

Ulovebeth said...

Will the boys let you play video games while they cook? I really like Tony Hawk Proskater.

Shanna said...

To quote one of my students: "Miss Ciarella, video games were created for guys who would rather get to the next realm than get to the next base."

Ah, they are so wise.

Anonymous said...

At least we didn't complain by saying, "Aw, Mom" and came right away when 'called'.

The cooking is "What about Bob" Wonderful and the company is even better!!

Todd Richards said...

For the record... I am not so much into video games.

Laurie said...

To the thankful man aka Bob,

Awww. Warm fuzzies. :}

Steven and Amanda said...

The most recent incident involving me and playing video games at home was at my niece and nephew's house last Christmas. Prior to that, the most recent incident was in the first Reagan administration (1981-1985). Not my thing ... unless you count Tetris on my cell phone.