Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Going to the Chapel...

I know. It's only been a couple of weeks since "the date." And here I am, practically engaged. Not to the man who took me on "the date." Sorry Justin!

Last weekend I went to the annual Hoe Down. Much fun was had by all. While there, I ran into Preston. Preston is one of those guys that I only see from time to time, but when we do see each other we really enjoy catching up. So Preston sees me and a big grin spreads over his face. We chat for a few minutes, then he asks me where I'm sitting for dinner. I tell him he should select a table for us to share. About midway through our meal, Preston informs me that he recently found my blog. He loves it. Finds it addicting. And, through reading my blog, he discovered that I work for his favorite radio network. He told me that when he found out where I work and what I do, he wanted to propose to me on the spot. I told him I would gladly accept.

Stay tuned for further updates...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should say "yes", even if he didn't mean to ask. Hold him accountable.

-Anonymous

Anonymous said...

Preston was my backup husband, but I no longer need him... I relinquish him to you and wish you much joy ;-)

Karla said...

I wish I'd been proposed to at the Hoe Down! I keep waiting for a secret admirer to fall in love with me through my blog. Maybe I should go shady after all. Just kidding...he'll have to love me for the "sweet and spiritual" you've declared it to be. At least, I think those are the terms you used about it. :)

By the way, way to go snagging Preston...I can't get him to even speak to me!

Ulovebeth said...

Last year I danced w/ Preston, too. And somehow confused him with Clay. Perhaps it was BBQ overload or spinning too much with the two-step with dim lights. I got kicked off his "proposed proposal list" fast.