Friday, March 24, 2006

Kissing Cubans Part Two

After an entry devoted to my love of kissing, it is hard to know where to go from there. So let's talk more about kissing. I mean really, does it get better than this?

To answer the intense (and somewhat protective) questioning by Ross...I didn't have one planted on me in Cuba. The kissing I speak of is the kind referred to by Scott and Erin...the little cheek air kiss. But it's such a great gesture. While I know we will never have that kind of kissing culture in Summit, I do wish we were a more physically affectionate bunch. Sometimes people just need to be hugged and loved on. I try to teach people how to properly hug (more difficult than some might imagine) and I think the air kiss would fit in nicely. Scott thinks so too...ladies, he just might ask you for one.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to kiss someone today. Be it family member or friend, grab someone and throw a little kissy their way. They may express surprise, but I guarantee they'll like it.

Just be prepared next time you see me...you never know what could happen.

5 comments:

Erin said...

I wholeheartedly agree, Laurie. I am all about physical affection and as a single, my tank is usually on low. When I spent the summer in Colombia a few years back, that was one of the things I loved... lots of affection! So I say bring on the hugs, kisses, etc!

Anonymous said...

Like I said .... Kissing is NOT acceptable in the Asian culture. We need our personal space!

Karla said...

I know of at least two or three of the members of the Dive (formerly known as Illuminate) class who would gladly jump on the kissing bandwagon with you...watch out Paradigmers! We are also getting pretty good about the hugging/physical affection thing. Feel free to come visit...11:50, Harbor Room...

Anonymous said...

Throw me under the bus...LOVER...

I'm all for the cheek to cheek thing, but do I really have to share you with everyone?

Although, I'm your best advocate for a 'kissing booth' at Summit Events - Spring Retreat 2006!

Laurie said...

Karie,

You must have missed the kissing...both Scott and Joshua received air kisses from me. I will try to make sure there are witnesses next time.