Thursday, June 09, 2005

The Non-Purpose-Driven Life

Many of my friends came back from the mission trip to Guatemala full of the wonder of what God is doing in their lives and in the lives of people across the world. They were able to make a real impact and leave behind a legacy for the Lord. People were humbled, broken and redeemed! There was definite purpose in what they were doing and why God chose each of them to be part of the experience.

Which leads me to the question "what is my purpose?". Of course I know all the scriptural answers that my purpose is to glorify God and be obedient to His ways and submit to His will. But I mean specifically right here, right now...what is my purpose? Why am I working at KUHF? Why am I in the Paradigm class? Why am I a member of a women's small group? Why do I live with these three roommates? How am I impacting those around me? To be honest, I feel rather purposeless right now. The Lord has uprooted me from much of what I was comfortable with and placed me in what feels like a holding pattern. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not feeling discontented or upset. But I am feeling unsettled and my prayer is that my eyes will be opened to the wonders of His plan for me...that I will fulfill my purpose in this very moment and be used this day for God's glory.

No comments: