Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Blogging: The Ultimate Expression of Self-Absorption

It occurred to me today as I was thinking of what to write, that blogs are a great indicator of our postmodern society. Only a generation as fully absorbed with navel-gazing as this one would presume to think that masses of people would want to read daily updates on the trivial, trite and simply boring details of our lives. So I'm not giving any details today. Sorry. I refuse to be a navel-gazer! I have to go now...it's time to write down my brilliant and fascinating thoughts so I can share with you all tomorrow.

4 comments:

Troy said...

Navel-gazers?

Laurie said...

Ryan thanks for thinking I have much to say and share...we'll see about that!

Troy just think about it...it'll come to you.

Todd Richards said...

This is one of the best blog entries I have ever read...

Jared Counts said...

I do agree with what you're saying here, but I also have to agree with riles there. It is an easy way for you to keep up with people, or for them to keep up with you. There have been several times that I started to tell a friend of mine about something that happened to me, only to have them tell me that they had read about it on my blog. Blogging is self-absorbed, that's for sure, but it's not without it's uses.