Thursday, January 06, 2011

An update

Two and a half days after dropping my car off for a brake pad replacement job, I still don't have my vehicle back. This morning at 7:45, the technician called and left me a message, saying they found a leak in the oil pan and need to replace that as well. "I'll try to have your car done early today. I'll call you when it's ready," he said in the message.

Three hours later I still hadn't heard anything, so I called him and asked for the status on my car. "Oh, didn't you get my message?" he asked. "Yes, I got your message. You said you're working on it and would have it ready soon so I'm calling to find out when it will be ready."
"Oh, ok. Let me check," he said. He put me on hold and then came back a couple minutes later and said "it will be ready at 5pm." WHAT?? You have got to be kidding me! How in the world can you possibly need another full day to work on it??

His explanation was that it takes about five hours to replace an oil pan. Mind you, he had called and alerted to the oil pan issue at 7:45 in the morning. Add five hours and you should come to the reasonable conclusion that my car could be ready by no later than 12:45. So obviously no one had even bothered to start working on the vehicle yet.

He then suggested that I wait until tomorrow morning to return the loaner and pick up my car. I told him that was absolutely impossible as I am moving tomorrow and have to be at my new house at 8am to wait for the gas guy and furniture delivery. His next suggestion was that I keep the loaner until MONDAY.

Are you out of your mind? I am not going to leave my car at the dealership for a WEEK just to get some new brake pads and an oil pan!!! Unbelievable. So I informed him that instead of keeping my car even longer, what he would need to do is deliver my car to me at my office and pick up the loaner from me this afternoon. He tried to tell me he doesn't have enough man power for that and I told him that the manager of the dealership could personally deliver my car if no one else is available. Then I told him to have his manager call me so we could confirm this plan.

Fifteen minutes later, the technician called me back (the manager never bothered to contact me) and asked for my work address to deliver the car. That's the last I heard.

No comments: