Tuesday, January 25, 2011

An Intrusion

Shanna informs me the official term for a cluster or group of roaches is an "intrusion." Why, yes. That describes it perfectly. And lest anyone be confused, I'm not dealing with the giant cockroaches or tree roaches. I've got an "intrusion" of the small German roaches. Which are equally disgusting, but far less terrifying when it comes to the prospect of crushing them.

Last night was the first time since Saturday that I ventured into my kitchen. I found several dead roaches, which I took to be a good sign. I pulled all of the dishes out of my lower cabinets in order to wash them all. The idea that vermin may have crawled across my pots and pans prompted the desire to clean everything.

While washing dishes, I was able to enjoy the lovely flowers I had received earlier in the week from a friend who knew I was feeling sick. They looked so pretty sitting there behind my kitchen sink.


Then I glanced a little closer. And gasped. The "intrusion" continued to the point of violating my lovely flowers. Here's the close-up shot so you can understand what I'm going through.



At least he was dead. But at this point, they're making me angry. And really, you don't want to get me angry.

No comments: