Monday, October 11, 2010

Being Watched

As if Facebook and Twitter aren't enough for stalking, my Starbucks barista has apparently started keeping track of me as well.
Oh it all started innocently enough...I hadn't gone into the shop for a few weeks, so when I finally showed up the guy said "Hey, I haven't seen you in awhile. I was wondering what happened to you."

The next time I went in, he saw me at the counter and quickly said "so, will it be the grande non-fat no-whip mocha?" Now I know it's common for the baristas to memorize what people order, but keep in mind, I only visit Starbucks once a week. Not every day.

Last week, I went in on a particularly busy day. By the time I got to the counter, he had already prepared my drink and had it waiting for me...accompanied by the comment "I saw you come in and noticed you're running a bit late today, so I've got your drink ready."

What will this week bring? I'm fully expecting him to ask how my family lunch went this weekend and whether I enjoyed my time at the park. He's...watching...

No comments: