Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Hoodwinked

I promise the dating blogs are forthcoming. I just haven't had the time to dedicate to them as yet. Hopefully this week I'll start the series. In the meantime, a tidbit from today.

I had a couple pairs of pants that needed alterations, so I took them to a little alterations shop on W. Gray. Mr. Sung was the tailor in charge and proceeded to measure, tuck and pin the two pairs of pants I brought in. He told me when they would be ready and I asked him if I should pay now or when I pick them up. He said either way was fine, so I opted to pay in advance.

"How much?" I asked.
"One hundred dolla," he replied, without blinking an eye.
"Excuse me?! One hundred dollars?! To hem some pants??"
"Well, one hundred dolla for this pair and one hundred dolla for other pair. Two hundred dolla together."

Then he started chuckling. Oh I see we've got a pranster on our hands. Well played, Mr. Sung. Well played.

1 comment:

Josh said...

is it carol's alterations next to massage envy? That's where I take mine