Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I've seen London, I've seen France...

I've seen the QUEEN!

That's right. Her Royal Majesty, the Queen of England.

So there we were in London, walking the streets of the city. We decided to stroll past Buckingham Palace. Why, you ask? Because we could. So we're walking along outside the palace. It's really not much to look at, but it's bigger than my house so I can't really criticize.

All of a sudden this police officer walking around looks at us, gives this little sideways wink and says "somebody's coming."

We look at each other in excitement...could it be one of the Royals?!

Within five minutes...sure enough...a huge Bentley rolls around the corner and drives through the front gate no more than six feet away from me. Sitting inside, wearing her little hat, is Elizabeth II, Queen of England!

A collective gasp went up from the handful of bystanders and we all started jumping up and down and screaming "the Queen! the Queen!" as she rode by smiling and waving and nodding.

We were giddy.

2 comments:

Ulovebeth said...

Please don't tell me you waved an American flag.

that is amazing!!! Jealous.

palomita said...

I like to refer to her as Liz. Just for fun. I saw her once in Scotland. Could have bumped her car with mine...but somehow I don't think we would have ended up having afternoon tea at Balmoral.