Thursday, May 14, 2009

I need a do-over

I'm pretty sure it's a bad sign when it's only 11am and my day has already gone from bad to worse. I rushed out of the house this morning to be greeted by a monster blocking the path to my car. This is the state I left him in, twitching still directly in my path. I shrieked as I leaped over him to get to my car.

After the monster incident, I was running late to meet a friend for breakfast. After breakfast I had some errands to run. At one point a guy in a blue minivan flagged me down and motioned for me to roll down my window. "Your back tire is really low," he informed me. Sigh.
I got out and checked the tire. Sho nuff. It was bad. Fortunately a repair shop was right around the corner, so I stopped in and found out my tire is shot and, for a mere $150, health and safety will be restored.
While waiting for the conclusion of the tire debacle, I decided to practice good time management and step across the street to get my eyebrows waxed. Now for those of you who aren't familiar with the process, you are taken into a small room where you lie on a bed and a woman puts warm wax on your brows, then presses strips of cloth into the wax and rips them off. Ok, that's all well and good...except that this woman decided to use my chest as her staging area for the process. She placed all her little strips of cloth on my body and every couple minutes grabbed one...causing me to jump in surprise at the unexpected and presumably accidental fondling.
I gotta tell you, at this point I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to see what else this day will bring...

2 comments:

AyDubb said...

My dentist does that to me, though the assistant tries to stop hiim before he lays his mirror and pick down and walks out of the room. :-)

Sorry about the "monster". You should really think about carrying garlic...wait...silver bullet...or is that a stake???

Alexis Grant said...

Ha! you crack me up :)