Friday, April 10, 2009

It IS a Good Friday

This morning I was talking on the phone with a little girl I've been taking to church and spending time with lately. I'm discipling her older sister and have also developed a special connection with the younger sister in the process.

On the phone she told me she had written a card for me and wanted to read it to me. I sat there and listened, with tears streaming down my face, as she read the sweetest little words about how I had changed her life forever and that because of me she now knows God and thinks of me as her special helper. She told me that she wants to be baptized soon. Her final words were "Thank you, Laurie, for helping me and showing me how to love God! I love you!"

Good, GOOD Friday.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Wow, Laurie! That is so sweet.

O.M.G. said...

talk about PRICELESS. got to love it when kids express themselves in ways like that.