Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Ice Ice Baby

Last night I was at a restaurant with a large group of friends, celebrating a birthday party. Toward the end of the meal, I placed my purse on the chair next to me in order to rummage for my credit card. I left the purse sitting there for a few moments.

Meanwhile, a friend moved down to my end of the table to chat for a bit. As she was talking, she accidentally knocked over a nearly full glass of ice water. Fortunately none of it got on us. Unfortunately all of it went straight into my purse.

I mean seriously, I think my purse caught every last drop. I was fishing ice cubes out of there for the next five minutes. You don't realize how much stuff you have in there until it's all submerged in ice water.

2 comments:

AyDubb said...

Cell phone, too?

Meredith said...

Who would do such a thing? hehe! Thanks for being such a good sport! Hope things are all dry now!