Monday, January 12, 2009

Reality Check

Recently I was at an event where media professionals were mingling with top-tier commercial real estate professionals.

I was sitting somewhat in the middle of the group and could overhear two nearly identical, yet strikingly different conversations.

On my left, two journalists were catching up and talking about the holidays.
"What did you do for the holidays?" one asked.
"Went home to visit family in Michigan," the other replied.
"That's great. I spent my holiday here. Saw family, worked a bit. The usual."

On my right, two commercial real estate managers were catching up and talking about the holidays.
"What did you do for the holidays?" one asked.
"Went to Cabo. Played some golf. It was glorious," the other replied.
"Oh, I LOVE Cabo...did you do any deep-sea fishing while you were there?"
"No, we did that last time we were there. Mostly just relaxed this time around."

Two worlds.

No comments: