Highlights of the evening included:
- Meeting David Sedaris. He was very friendly and told me I looked far too young to work for a public radio station.
- Getting catcalls and whistles onstage when I told the story about my mom's fears.
- One listener told me she always imagined me as looking studious, but upon seeing me thinks I'm "so glamorous"
- Walking through the parking garage back to our car, a woman's voice calls out "Laurie Johnson!" I turn around and see a stranger beaming behind me. She told me she recognized me from my shoes.
- My shoes. Seriously, they looked hot.
- Facebook messages from friends who saw me at the show.
- My date (the real one, not David Sedaris). He looked hot too.