Friday, April 04, 2008

Reality? Or just every girl's dream?

I got home pretty late last night, around 9:30pm. I felt exhausted, slightly cranky and not even close to looking pretty. My hair was a curly mess. I had glasses on instead of my contacts. My clothes were wrinkled. In other words, it wasn't exactly my most shining moment.

Even so, there was a man waiting for me. He folded me into his arms and said "Laurie Johnson, why do you have to be so good-looking?"

I said something to the effect of "Oh puh-lease. Don't make fun of me."
That's when he pulled back and looked in my eyes. "I'm serious," he said. "With your messy hair and your glasses, coming in tired at the end of the day...this is the real Laurie. You look beautiful."

And for that one moment I actually felt beautiful.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Definitely reality.
1. You are beautiful.
2. I like glasses.
3. I love your messy hair.
4. Your outfit was really cute that night.

See, definitely reality.