Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Ridiculous

A few weeks ago I blogged about the fact that my credit card was compromised. The card company closed my account and issued a new account. They promised to mail me a new card and said it would arrive in a few days.

Well a couple weeks ago I received the new card. It was in an open, unsealed envelope. Needless to say, I was immediately concerned about the security of my new account. I knew it was probably just an accident that the envelope was unsealed. But anyone could have looked inside and written down the number on my new card.

So I called the credit card company and asked them to close the account. They told me they didn't want to lose my business. They asked me if they could issue a new card and UPS it directly to my office. I agreed.

The UPS package arrived at my office this week. The envelope was half-way torn open.
I give up.

6 comments:

Ulovebeth said...

This has to be an inside job. I mean, I'm not a detective but...

Alyssa said...

Wow, seriously. How often does mail arrive opened period? Weird.

Phil said...

Consider it a blessing.

"Using credit cards are like playing with snakes, you are going to bit sometime." Dave Ramsey

Phil said...

By the way Laurie, I confess, It was me that tore open your credit card package from UPS. See I have been working the night shift here in Omaha and we handle between 10,000 and 20,000 individual credit card shipments per night. I singled yours out and opened it. ulovebeth has it spot-on inside job and all. I am in ca-hoots with Dave Ramsey. (not really but it would make for a great story) How many Lauries are there in the world? and I not sure how you spell your last name....or your street address...if you live in Houston or one of the thousands of other little suburbia...

Laurie said...

Phil,
So YOU'RE my stalker...

By the way, someone should tell Dave Ramsey that abusing credit cards is bad, but having one to maintain a healthy credit history is useful.

Phil said...

You found me out but Dont tell my wife. :)

And I will let you argue out the credit history with Dave. He has a credit score of ZERO, but is worth millions after being bankrupt. I figure that I have tried it my way and it hasnt worked so I am trying his way because it seems to have worked for him.