Friday, January 04, 2008

Premonitions

Ever have a moment when you just know without a doubt that something is about to happen? That's happened to me several times lately. But I'm not talking about just a vague premonition. I'm talking about specific details. For example, last week I was heading home after having dinner with friends. I got in my car, put my purse on the seat and literally thought "I should pull my phone out of my purse because Alyssa is about to call me." Within 15 seconds, Alyssa called. Now Alyssa and I don't talk on the phone much and it's not an everyday thing for her to call me. But I somehow knew she was going to call.

It happened again last night. Twice. The first time was when I was again leaving the group and again I thought "Alyssa is about to call." Sure enough, seconds later my phone rang. She was calling to suggest that we, along with another friend, go get some coffee.

We drove to the coffee shop. Now, we were heading to a shop we don't often go to. It's not one of my regular haunts. But as we walked up to the cafe, I looked inside and saw several people sitting at tables. I made eye contact with one guy who I've never seen before, but as soon as I saw him I thought "someone we know is going to be inside." Guess what. We walked in and made it about five steps and saw a friend sitting at one of the tables. And what's even weirder is she was sitting with that guy that I had made eye contact with just moments before.

Now I just need to figure out how I can turn this to my advantage. I should work on having a premonition about what my future holds.

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

Since your premonitions have all somehow involved me, I think we should stay on that path. ;)

Anonymous said...

Deja Vu is usually caused by a minor complication of communication from your eye to your brain. One eye will transmit images a split second later than the other, causing your brain to essentially see something twice; deja vu.

Just figured I'd put something like that in before you start casting chicken bones around the Baptist church. :)

bbrown said...

"...And tomorrow morning, I bet I'll see either Bethany or Amy when I go out for breakfast."

creepy.