Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thoughts from City Council

I'm like Charlie Brown. Every once in a while, the councilmembers complete the agenda before Noon. Today they were actually done with all official business at 10:36am. I got all excited thinking I might get out as early as 11:00 or 11:15 at the latest. I failed to account for the fact that they have this wonderful (read torturous) thing called pop-off, wherein each councilmember has the opportunity to talk about absolutely whatever he or she wants...for seemingly as long as he or she wants. The agenda was complete at 10:36 but the meeting wasn't over until 12:01. I got my hopes up and fell for the illusion once again. Hope springs eternal.

In other council news, a cell phone belonging to someone in the audience went off during the meeting. The man who owned the cell phone jumped up and left the room, but not before I could detect the tune of his ringtone. It was the theme music from Sex and the City.

I also saw a man wearing a dangly earring...in the shape of a Christmas candy cane.

I think both these instances are clearly man-card violations.

4 comments:

Alyssa said...

Clearly!

Anonymous said...

In one word: "Wow"

I would agree that these are Man-Card Violations.

I do feel the need to point out that the revocation of the Man-Card can only be pulled by another man. Us men shall not be subject to females discretion on matters such as these. A woman is allowed her opinion on prospective violation, however the rules for reinstating the man card must be understood. Men can only restore the Man-Card to the man who it has been revoked from, therefore it is only fair to state that men alone can revoke the said Man-Card.



May I also point out that three different men must agree to reinstate the Man-Card only after a proper "manly" action is taken to show his desire to be reinstated. The opinion of these men can thus, only, restore the Man-Card to the original wrong-doer.



*No Man-Card rules have been created to reflect punishment for repeat offenders. No one would dare perform the original action again - it is a shame to lose the Man-Card.

gL said...

You read my mind. Though I do agree these are violations only a man can make the revocation.

The Doctor said...

Heh, talk about your "flamin' Larry's!"

I seriously doubt that person was ever issued a real Man-card, and if he says he claims to have one, it is likely a fake-id, a library card from Man-hattan, or something lifted from a Man-nheim Steamroller CD.ynozz