Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Soldiering On


In my continued efforts to speed up the arrival of Autumn, I baked a loaf of banana bread last night and I decorated the front steps.
Looks rather Pottery Barn-ish, doesn't it? My offerings upon the altar of Autumn shall continue. I should probably bake some sort of spice cake soon. And maybe make some potato soup or chili and cornbread. It may be 90 degrees outside, but thankfully I have an active imagination and an effective air conditioner. I will celebrate Autumn whether or not she shows up for the party.

7 comments:

Mindy Hart said...

you're naming your firstborn Autumn, aren't you? :)

Erin said...

the baked potato soup out of Cooking Light this month is WONDERFUL! and i'm making moroccan chili out of the same issue tonight...i'm definitely trying to persuade fall to come fast with my cooking, as well!

Todd Richards said...

I will gladly partake of any offerings you place upon the altar of Autumn.

Jennifer said...

oooohhh....I'm so ready to leave winter/spring and greet Autumn with a smile, a sweater, and a huge pot of gumbo

Dana said...

I was home sick the last two days and got to watch Paula Deen on Food TV. She made an amazing spicy cinnamon cake...well, it looked amazing. Here is her recipe
Spicy Cinnamon Cake
I hope I did that right...
Love the door, looks great!

Me said...

I was just thinking this morning that I needed to make some banana bread. Autumn must be close!

Me said...

oh, and in response to Dana's comment, that recipe is really similar to a coffee cake I have made and it was OH SO YUMMY, so I am sure this one would be very tasty as well!