Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The Head Honcho

There is a giant disembodied head in the lobby of my station.

I can't believe I've worked here for more than five years and I've been blogging for more than two years and I have never shared this with you. I've told some people about it...sort of as an enticement to come visit me..."Hey, you should drop by the station. We have a giant Head." Few people have taken me up on the offer. The Head looms ominously in the front lobby, "welcoming" guests who arrive at our door. And it really is huge. It's composed of thousands of components associated with broadcasting - CDs, circuit boards, microphone elements, cables etc. I think it's a woman, but who can be sure? Perhaps if it acted moody and irritable at certain times of the month I would be able to tell. But the Head is silent. And disturbing.




I apologize for the poor qualities of the photos.
The backlighting behind the Head makes it difficult to take good photographs.


6 comments:

Alyssa said...

Hmmm, a modern art museum at your fingertips! :)

Jen said...

Definetely a woman- check out those lips and eyes. I mean, I guess it could be a transvestite. This is the media market after all...

Silvia said...

Frightening...

Dana said...

I am thinking a goth female skinhead with serious acne problems...female, definitely female...

Ulovebeth said...

I guess he's not very photogenic.
Is it supposed to symbolize a talking head? It might be an artisic derogatory statement to your station. I would ask that it be removed. Or maybe that would be a violation of the artist's freedom of speech which is the entire platform of the station anyway. Quite a conundrum.

Todd Richards said...

That looks like something that one might find at a Marilyn Manson concert...