Monday, March 26, 2007

Whittling the Wish List



I had to take an item off my wish list. I no longer wish for the Kitchen Aid Mixer because I am now the proud owner of said appliance. But even better than owning the mixer is the method in which I acquired it.

My sincere thanks to a dear group of friends who all chipped in to buy it for me simply because they love me. I was so surprised, touched and overwhelmed by the great love lavished on me by such an incredible group of people. It's not my birthday and there's no special occasion to warrant this gift. Such an extravagant gift was wonderful to receive...and I'm not referring to the mixer. That was special, but the greatest gift is being loved by my "second family" of brothers and sisters in Christ. Thank you, friends. You make my joy complete!

6 comments:

Aimee said...

WOW! I'm quite jealous. That's one item I really wanted to register for, but we thought better of it. Maybe i'll give in and put in on there anyway ! Congrats!!

Anonymous said...

and it has a 475 watt motor...

augh augh

Jen said...

Salivating!

The Doctor said...

Way cool to have friends like that.
I'm working on bringing you that World Peace thing pretty soon. I'll let you know. Me and Lapsang came up with a plan when we were rapeling on Mt. Vesuvius just last week...oh wait- that was the tea.

gL said...

so have you used it yet?

Sarah said...

It's so beautiful! :) Congrats! :)

(Why do I feel like I should be giving you warm wishes on your new addition to the family?)