Monday, March 12, 2007

An Update

Remember this guy? Well, I had kinda given up on him. We emailed a couple times after that date. He told me he was heading out of town for a few days. And then I didn't hear from him again. That is, until Friday. He emailed me out of the blue and asked me why I was avoiding him. What the?!? ME avoiding HIM?? I calmly replied that I was under the impression that he was the one who had backed away. As we conversed, it became clear we were operating under the eternally classic case of male/female miscommunication. We got on the same page and found we were both still interested in spending time together.

However, in the interim between hearing from him...I went out with another guy. Now, I know there was nothing wrong with this. We weren't exclusive (two dates does not make a relationship!) and I hadn't heard from him in nearly two weeks. But it's not something I would normally do. It's a respect thing. This other guy asked me to dinner...and I really, truly wanted to go. So now I think I might possibly be going out with two guys at the same time. Oh, and a third guy approached me last night and told me he'd like to take me to coffee or dinner some time soon.

It's raining in Houston today. Raining men.

9 comments:

Ulovebeth said...

I thought it was cloudy with a chance of kisses?

Anonymous said...

"Hallelujah"!!!

Mookee said...

As long as you're open and up front about it, there's nothing disrespectful about going out with more than one person on first (or even second) dates. The original guy is a moron for assuming you weren't interested, level playing field or not, if the guy is interested he's supposed to be making phone calls ... and in today's cell phone society, even going on vacation isn't much of an excuse.

Now, if he were going out with someone else (not you) and wanted to see how it worked out (with the someone else) prior to making any "bigger" plans with you, then a convenient (possibly even true) vacation would prevent you from calling him, thereby allowing time to find out what was up with the "someone else." It didn't work out (and two weeks sounds about right), so he calls you with some story about thinking you were going to call him.

Maybe I'm just cynical about some things, and I realize I don't know any of you, but people are people, wherever they may be.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

Sorry, I hope I'm wrong.

Anonymous said...

So, who is this third guy? Tell him to get in line.

Anonymous said...

Look Guy #2, I have tenure with Ms. J. You better step off...

Alyssa said...

Fight over Laurie!

The Doctor said...

Sounds like you have the Upper Hand, Laurie. Just don't stab any of those raindrops with an umbrella...

Abby said...

... or smack them if they kiss you. Oh wait... :)

leslie said...

are these summit guys? :-)