Thursday, March 15, 2007

That's That

Well it's all over with Guy #1. We broke it off yesterday. The crazy thing is it all happened over email. He asked me where I stood with Guy #2 and I told him I was still going out with him. In fact, we met for lunch yesterday AND got together last night for coffee and tango! That put Guy #1 over the edge. Not that I blame him. I've had a thing for Guy #2 for a long time. He's been stepping up his game lately, and I've just really wanted to see how things develop. We have a lot of fun together and he really "gets" me. That's got to make it hard for anyone else trying to be in the picture.

I told Guy #1 I was still interested in him and would like to continue going out as long as he knew I would still be going out with Guy #2 as well. But he said he wasn't comfortable with the situation and that if I wasn't willing to drop the other guy then we needed to just end things. So exactly one month and one day after our first date, we broke up. I guess it's not really a break-up since we weren't actually in an exclusive relationship...but it still felt a little sad. I felt bad that he was the one who wanted more commitment and I just wasn't ready. He's really a nice guy and I was genuinely disappointed to see things come to an end.

Hopefully we can still be friends.

9 comments:

gL said...

wow.... and all he got out of it was an irrational fear of women carrying clutches when he is trying to put a move on someone...

Laurie said...

How do you know that was all he got out of it? I don't put everything on the blog. ;)

Anonymous said...

Laurie, you need to lose that zero (guy #2) and get with a hero...

gL said...

because I know him and you... and I have super powers of deduction and reasoning

Sarah said...

I am sure that we are not getting the whole story, and it kills me!

AyDubb said...

So confusing...a blog entry AND a brain teaser

Mookee said...

Women and their need to be friends...you should have clubbed him with your purse again.

Anonymous said...

i dont think it is too late to club him with the purse again! go ahead.

gL said...

we need ff's... getting restless