Thursday, March 01, 2007

Real and Sappy, or Really Sappy?

This week has been a real challenge to think of stuff to blog about. I already did the cop-out post on Monday. I can't think of anything for today, so I will post a poem.

I dashed this off last night right after taking a walk. It's not "good" poetry and it's nothing original, but it's just how I was feeling after my evening stroll.

Consider the Gloaming

Tiny filaments of matter --
Gossamer is a word too often used in poetry
But I'm no poet -- so tiny gossamer filaments
Floating across my skin in the silver air of twilight
Birds trilling their even-song
With the cicadas singing ten-part harmony
Breeze as soft as a rose petal tickles my hair
And hums to me as I walk through the almost moonlight
Frogs and crickets riff the jazz of the night
Vying for my attention, which is distracted by the soft glow
Of the just unfolding wonder of a pure white flower
If the beauty of it all doesn't make your heart ache
You are lost

1 comment:

Todd Richards said...

I like the part about the frogs and crickets riffing the jazz of the night... oh, and I like your new picture.