Monday, February 12, 2007

I'm "It"

I've been tagged by Dovie and am now charged with telling you all six weird things about me. Blame her if you learn something that's just too weird for you to handle.

1. I can't wear button-down shirts. I have this habit of taking one button and unbuttoning and buttoning it...over and over and over. I will sit there and just absentmindedly play with that button for hours. So instead of just breaking this habit, I eliminated most button-down shirts from my wardrobe. If you ever see me wearing one, consider that I am probably making a HUGE conscious effort not to unbutton the thing.

2. I missed the 80's. I grew up in the 80's, but I completely missed out on most of the things that others remember. I've never seen The Goonies. I couldn't quote a single line from Ferris Bueller or The Breakfast Club. I don't know the words to any Michael Jackson songs and have never seen the entire music video of Thriller. In fact, I am unfamiliar with most music of that time. I grew up listening to Amy Grant and Michael W. Smith. I don't think I ever saw MTV until I was in college.

3. I like driving from one end of the road all the way to the other end. Let me explain. When I'm on a road trip or joy-riding, I want to see everything on that particular road. I don't feel like I've really experienced all the road has to offer if I missed a half-mile section. This is not a problem when you're driving down a road that's a few miles long. It becomes an issue when you're on a road that stretches from coast to coast and you really want to see the whole thing from one end to the other.

4. I don't like chick flicks. Most people know this about me already, but I still suspect it's weird. I'm told that almost all women LOVE chick flicks. I usually can't stand them. I think How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days was one of the most ridiculous movies ever made. Sweet Home Alabama? Ooey gooey awfulness. Coyote Ugly? Despicable. There are a few exceptions to this hatred. My Big Fat Greek Wedding was so stinkin' funny and so true to real life that I liked it. While You Were Sleeping was another one that I enjoyed, mostly because it was also more about dysfunctional families than about improbable love stories.

5. I find necks attractive. Some men have really nice necks. Really I'm talking about the back of the neck. It's something about the way the hair tapers down into a nice, clean line and the way the neck curves into the shoulders. Bonus points if the neck is tanned. Sexy.
Nota Bene: The neck is not a deal-breaker.

6. I'm slightly non-conformist. Most of the time, I am happy to swim in the same direction as all the other fishes. But occasionally I have to about-face and go the other direction. Case in point: I'm supposed to post the rules to this blog-game and then tag six other people. But I just don't feel like it. If tagging others hadn't been one of the rules, I probably would have done something to that effect. But because it was required of me, I decided not to. Furthermore, many of you probably think this particular quirk shouldn't count as one of my "weirdisms." Again, I'm breaking (or at least slightly bending) the rules because I simply don't care. But I'm only non-conformist in the little things. When it comes to obeying laws, fashion sense, social norms, taste in music and posting all six weirdisms, I'm pretty darn average.

2 comments:

The Doctor said...

So, does that same thing apply to a "button-up" shirt?

palomita said...

I think Dennis is trying to pick on my via your blog, Laurie!