Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Guilty!

I have this dark secret. I hide the traces of my addiction to Starbucks. Here's how I do it. There are three Starbucks locations which are convenient to my morning commute. I do have a favorite location. But instead of going to that one each time, I distribute my visits between them. I do this so that the employees at each location will think I only buy Starbucks once every few days. I don't want any of them to realize my complete and utter dependence on them.

Yesterday, I went to the location directly across from my house. Today, I went to the location further up the road on my way to the office. As I placed my order an employee came around the corner, saw me and exclaimed "Hey! Didn't I see you at the other store yesterday?!" I was caught! That guy probably sees hundreds of people every day...and of course he remembered me. My secret is out and my plan has been foiled.

3 comments:

Ulovebeth said...

Laurie. It's time.
SA is calling your name. I am a card carrying member myself.
Starbucks Anonymous meets every Wednesday at Jamba Juice.

erin vanv said...

I do the same thing... I pretend I don't go to the one near my condo because it's too cold to walk to it.

But really I just don't want them to notice how often I go.

Alyssa said...

That's hilarious! But now, that you've been caught, you can go to your favorite one all the time!:)