Thursday, December 21, 2006

All I want for Christmas...


...is Zach Braff. Okay, technically I don't want Zach Braff for Christmas, but someone kind of like him might be nice. Shanna told me that my Christmas gift to her should be a blog entry on why I dig Zach Braff so much. So here it is -- Merry Christmas, Shanna!

Zach (we're on a first-name basis) is just the kind of guy I fall for. Physically, he's cute but not hot. There's nothing that really makes him stand out from the rest of the crowd. And that's fine with me. I am intimidated by really good-looking men. I don't want to be with a man who would beat me in a beauty pageant. Nobody wants to be the girl who goes out with a guy and people look at her and say "why is he with her??" Not good. But he's got that intense look in his eyes. And I tend to be attracted to guys with his coloring -- dark hair, light skin, dark eyes.


But let's face it. Like most girls, looks are not the main selling point for me. Personality and character qualities are what make me melt. Now I don't know a whole lot about Zach's character qualities. That's the kind of thing you need to spend time with someone to find out about them. But his personality is definitely the kind I gravitate toward.

Let's start with sense of humor. This is probably one of the first things that attracts me to a man. Zach is funny, witty and sarcastic. But he's not arrogant, silly or foolish. I like smart humor. I'm much more likely to laugh at dry wit than a prat fall. Zach can be goofy, but is usually more quietly self-deprecating. I like that. I tend to bask in the spotlight and be the center of attention, so I need a man who is a little more low-key.

Now on to his serious side. He's smart, but in a normal way. He's not brilliant and he's not a know-it-all, but there's more to this guy than football and sex (in that order). I feel like we could have interesting conversations about everything from the Astros' latest acquisition to Kandinsky's influence on abstract art. Okay, that last part might be giving him too much credit, but you get the idea.

Did I mention the geek factor? Zach is definitely geeky. There's not really anything "cool" about him and he knows that and is okay with it. That shows confidence. He knows who he is and doesn't try to be somebody else. Plus I find that "geeks" usually have a quirky element that can be quite endearing.

Furthermore, Zach seems like he's strong and "all guy" but clearly has a sensitive and emotional side. One of the most attractive things to me is when a guy lets his guard down and shows me his vulnerability. I see the most strength in a man when I can see his weaknesses. And that is hot.

So there you have it. Shanna, I hope that helped explain my fascination with Zach Braff. I think it shows a lot of insight into the type of man I am attracted to.

3 comments:

Shanna said...

Thanks for the gift. Zach is cute, funny, and mysterious. Bonus points for the mystery. But I do have some bad news for you. He isn't a Christmas Gift. He is a Hanukkah gift. Oy vey!

The Doctor said...

Maybe he needs to get a Christmas gift...

Anonymous said...

"personality and character qualities"
::snore::