Wednesday, December 20, 2006

12 Days of Calvinism

On the first day of Calvin my reformed friend explained to me the fallen nature of man.

On the second day of Calvin my reformed friend explained to me, "called and chosen" and the fallen nature of man.

On the third day of Calvin my reformed friend explained to me, John chapter six, "called and chosen" and the fallen nature of man.

On the fourth day of Calvin my reformed friend explained to me, Synod of Dordt, John chapter six, "called and chosen" and the fallen nature of man.

On the fifth day of Calvin my reformed friend explained to me, 5 GOLDEN POINTS!, Synod of Dordt, John chapter six, "called and chosen" and the fallen nature of man.

On the sixth day of Calvin my reformed friend explained to me, "world" isn't "world", 5 GOLDEN POINTS!, Synod of Dordt, John chapter six, "called and chosen" and the fallen nature of man.

On the seventh day of Calvin my reformed friend explained to me, predestination, "world" isn't "world", 5 GOLDEN POINTS!, Synod of Dordt, John chapter six, "called and chosen" and the fallen nature of man.

On the eighth day of Calvin my reformed friend explained to me, belief is a work, predestination, "world" isn't "world", 5 GOLDEN POINTS!, Synod of Dordt, John chapter six, "called and chosen" and the fallen nature of man.

On the ninth day of Calvin my reformed friend explained to me, errors of middle knowledge, belief is a work, predestination, "world" isn't "world", 5 GOLDEN POINTS!, Synod of Dordt, John chapter six, "called and chosen" and the fallen nature of man.

On the tenth day of Calvin my reformed friend explained to me, Arminian heresy, errors of middle knowledge, belief is a work, predestination, "world" isn't "world", 5 GOLDEN POINTS!, Synod of Dordt, John chapter six, "called and chosen" and the fallen nature of man.

On the eleventh day of Calvin my reformed friend explained to me, Romans 8 & 9, Arminian heresy, errors of middle knowledge, belief is a work, predestination, "world" isn't "world", 5 GOLDEN POINTS!, Synod of Dordt, John chapter six, "called and chosen" and the fallen nature of man.

On the twelfth day of Calvin my reformed friend explained to me that I'm really a Calvinist, Romans 8 & 9, Arminian heresy, errors of middle knowledge, belief is a work, predestination, "world" isn't "world", 5 GOLDEN POINTS!, Synod of Dordt, John chapter six, "called and chosen" and the fallen nature of man.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

On the twelfth day of Calvin I explained to my reformed friend - you are really a hyper-calvinist, Hebrews 3&4, Calvin is not even a Calvinist, errors of middle knowledge, grace is a gift, foreknowledge, "kosmos" is "kosmos", tulip is a flower, The Westminster Confession of Faith, John Chapter Twelve, "called and chosen", and the fallen nature of man (at least we agreed on that).

Anonymous said...

please read my response under the same label as the original post - HUMOR!

Todd Richards said...

Laurie... you should really consider a career in satire. This post is good... I mean real good. I want to be friends with it.

Laurie said...

Oh gosh, I wish I could take credit, but I didn't write this. I don't know who the author is. Jeanine forwarded it to me.

The Doctor said...

It's funny, and even if one doesn't know all those references (Synod of Dordt?), it is good. Besides, you had to post this. It was your destiny...

leslie said...

wow, i must say, i feel pretty good about myself right now. While I was reading this, I thought "what if I don't know what one of these things means?! Am I not really a Calvinist?!" ;-)
but, do not fear, all is still right with me