Thursday, November 30, 2006

Christmas Questions

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate?
Both! But only if the egg nog is homemade.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree?
This question doesn't make sense. Why would Santa set unwrapped presents under the tree?

3. Colored or white lights on the tree/house?
Depends on my mood. Usually only white on the tree.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Not usually, but it is the Year of the Kiss...

5. When do you put your decorations up?
The first weekend of December. But no decorations for me this year. :(

6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
I'd have to go with either a platter or a punch bowl.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child:
The whole family packing into the suburban to look for Christmas lights.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
What truth? What are you implying? Has Santa been lying to me?
Okay, but seriously...I never believed in Santa. When I was little, I was afraid of Santa and didn't want "that big, scary man to come into my house" so my parents told me he wasn't real.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
We exchange presents with the extended family on Christmas Eve. That gives us time to regift them to others on Christmas Day.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
Pull it out of the closet and plug it in. Not really, but sort of this year, maybe.

11. Snow: love it or dread it?
Love it! But what do I know? I'm from Texas.

12. Can you ice skate?
Umm, no. I have never been ice skating. I can't roller skate either.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
The garnet ring my brother gave me. I've worn it for almost 15 years.

14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Getting drunk at the office Christmas party. Oh, wait...scratch that. Let's go with special moments with family.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Pumpkin pie.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Decorating the Christmas tree with my family.

17. What tops your tree?
It used to be an angel that my mom made. But the last few years it has been a big bow. I'm thinking of wearing it in my hair this year.

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving?
I love finding the perfect gift for people. It's like a quest. But not like D&D.

19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
Carol of the Bells. Or maybe, I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus. Hmm, no. Definitely Carol of the Bells.

20. Candy Canes: yuck or yum?
Yum! Especially when used as a swizzle stick for your hot chocolate.

7 comments:

Ulovebeth said...

Okay, I'm not trying to start a debate but on #2, Santa must leave the presents unwrapped, so they come right out of his bag. And sometimes his elves set up the playsets (I've gotten to be an elf for my nieces and it's fabulous! Except for putting together a German toy hospital scene at 1:30 a.m.).
If they're wrapped, it takes up too much of the elves' time.

Laurie said...

I'm confused. Do the elves wrap the gifts at all? Or do they leave the gifts unwrapped for the children to find? Tell me there's wrapping involved somewhere! O the humanity!

Ulovebeth said...

Not from Santa. He leaves his presents out by the fireplace.
The wrapped presents are from family.
Now that I think about it, there was never a name tag, just presents sitting out...so I really have no idea who left the toys. Maybe it was our neighbor, Mr. Duff.
What kind of wrapping paper did your Santa use? Does it look like Mom & Dad's paper?

Laurie said...

See # 8.

Ulovebeth said...

How did he wrap your presents if he didn't exist?

Rearrange the letters and Santa spells something bad--and it's not Stana.

The Doctor said...

So, you don't believe in Santa but you believe in elves (not the LOTR kind but the toy-making kind)? Hmm. That's messed up. Maybe we should get you a new jacket for Christmas. A white one with lots of leather straps. It goes really well with a padded room...
Oh wait. That would be more those who do whatever the elves in their heads tell them, so you're probably all right. I guess.

Anonymous said...

just an addendum to # 1...as far as egg nog and hot chocolate go - my roommate and I have stumbled upon 2 nice little concoctions that might brighten your day. add a little baileys to hot chocolate or to egg nog - makes for a tasty little drink.

-Preston