Thursday, October 19, 2006

I'm so ashamed

I've missed not one, but TWO days of blogging this week. I'm sorry.

On Monday, the flooding situation made work a bit crazy. Yesterday, I was sent to cover breaking news on the bomb threat against Reliant Stadium. There was simply no time to blog at work (shocking). My internet is down at home, so no blogging happened there either.

To compound the problem, I don't really have anything interesting to blog about today. So you get this lame excuse blog. Yay for you.

And, unless things take a sharp turnaround, I have hardly anything for the Friday Funnies tomorrow. It's looking dismal.

There is a topic I want to blog about. But I don't think I have the guts to do it as it falls squarely into the "TMI" category.

Oh! Random email press release just came through. They used the slang term "fabu" as though that's really cool. Don't they know that's so '90s?

More thoughts coming to me...was out on the job today and introduced myself to someone. When I told him my name his eyes got huge and he raised his hands in front of his mouth, let out an excited sigh and exclaimed "Oh my gosh! I'm meeting LAURIE JOHNSON!" then he sort of fluttered his hands and got all tongue-tied. I shook his hand and asked his name and he couldn't answer...he literally forgot his own name for a moment! He told me he's a huge fan of mine. When I left, his final words to me were "I can't believe I met Laurie Johnson today."
Ahhh...the life of a celebrity.

(It still makes me laugh every time I run spellcheck and the site wants to change "blogging" to "flogging." The irony.)

8 comments:

Erin said...

Confession: I have never run spell check on blogger. Nope, not even once.

Ulovebeth said...

Do you know what a relief it is to see that you blogged?
I was scared you fell off the face of the universe like Troy and the Pluto formerly known as a planet.

Contemplations said...

I'm so glad that you update--I come home from work everyday and just in check in to see what fabulous things you've got going on. When you miss a day, you're sorely missed...I know...the pressure...

Anonymous said...

"the Pluto formerly known as a planet" There's your Friday Funny, pure classic.

-Anonymous

Sarah said...

Yay, Laurie's back! I, for one, am quite curious about your TMI topic ... I say you should go ahead and share -- especially if you're running short of blogging topics. :)

Anonymous said...

Laurie,
I know just what Silvia means, I also look at your blog everyday. Of course I look at Dovie's first so I can get to you, Beth, Todd, Mike, Basim and on and on. Her blog is my lifeline to all of you. When no one has updated I go to bed and sulk. :)
Moms

Troy said...

Beth almost convicted me about not blogging. Almost.

Todd Richards said...

And to think that I get hugs from Laurie Johnson whenever I want one. Truly... it is who you know that matters.