Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Bits and Pieces

I changed my profile picture. A big thanks to the people who let me know they think it's a good picture. I like Beth's assessment of what it says about me. Funny, smart and gorgeous. Go with that. If you don't agree, feel free to keep it to yourself.

Girls, I will not be telling the secret object of my affection that I like him. I'm with Dovie on the whole concept of staying single rather than trying the "Ruth approach." Besides, I know I won't end up with this person, so there's no point in telling him anyway. (Dennis, this other man in no way jeopardizes our relationship.) (Kirk, ditto.)

Today I interviewed a total wacko. My job is so weird sometimes. One day I am covering the sentencing for one of the biggest corporate fraud cases of the century, and the next day I am talking to a man who thinks that he died, came back to life and is now a psychic. Did you know that God is simply all perceptions perceived? That's right. This man has God all figured out. God is the embodiment of every thought you could ever have. Presumably God only embodies the good thoughts and not the bad ones.

My date is tonight! I bought a new dress (more on that in the Friday Funnies). It amuses me how seriously people are taking this. I would just like to state here that if I actually had a "real" date, I would not be blogging about it. There are some things that don't belong in the public domain.

Speaking of things that don't belong in the public domain: Sarah, I simply don't think I can bring myself to blog about the unnamed TMI topic. It would make for a great blog topic...but I must take pity on my QQ readers and leave some things unsaid.

Finally, a moment of silence for Troy's blog. (Pause.)
It has been exactly two months since we have been blessed by an entry from The Troy. I still check The Silly Rotor every day, just in case...and every day it makes me sad.

R.I.P., T.S.R. You'll always be in our hearts. We love you.

2 comments:

Ulovebeth said...

Hey! Look what I found on Google! Lost episodes of The Silly Rotor! Here's what it said:

Alien Invasion
Apparently, the Planet Formerly Known as Pluto is now inhabited by aliens. I'm trying to put together a group to go visit through a secret NASA project. Let me know if you're interested.

--That's all I've found so far. I'll keep looking.

The Doctor said...

Have fun on "The Date." Sounds like a reality show already.
And thanks for the reassurance, though I already knew that what we have is solid. I'm not so sure about Kirk though. I went to school with him...

I will have to agree with you on the whole "Ruth" thing- unless this guy is a farmer, finding someone gleaning his fields and then sleeping at his feet might be somewhat alarming!
And as for the Rotator, I think it was rather weak to decide he would put so much effort into a blog only to plan ahead of time to quit when the readership was healthy. So sad. Lurker's everywhere are still talking about it.