I "retreated" this weekend. Here's a list of some of the things I learned over the course of my 37-hour retreat with other Summit peeps. (I have been informed that 18 is the perfect number of observations and I did it wrong last time. So 18 it is...)
1. It is very nice to have other people chauffeur, cook for and generally take care of me all weekend.
2. I will never think about bananas in the same way again.
3. Eye Doctor Justin will never think about BandAids in the same way again.
4. I'm not sure I am strong enough to confront the giants in my life.
5. I can never hear the words "you're pretty" too many times.
6. Some friendships mean more to me than I can ever possibly express.
7. I have control issues.
8. Three guys, one girl and a small sedan is a recipe for hilarity and shadiness.
9. Nobody doesn't like canoodling.
10. I feel most blessed when I am able to bless others.
11. Two words: dripping ooze.
12. Organic is good.
13. While it's natural for me to lead, it's so much nicer to be led.
14. When I have leftover meat all I have to do is slide it across the table.
15. Camp houses in Texas are like luxury hotels compared to camp houses in Cuba.
16. People owe me hugs. I will collect.
17. No phone service or email for a full weekend can be a very good thing.
18. I have no idea why I am so loved by my friends, but it is one of the greatest joys of my life.