Monday, March 20, 2006

Texas, My Texas

It is sooo good to be home! I have so many stories to tell about the trip to Cuba. I am still attempting to process my thoughts and feelings about it all. I will try to post several items throughout the week. For today, I will give you a list of thoughts, comments and topics in no particular order. I will explain some of them throughout the week...some will remain a mystery.

  1. Cuban frogs jump really high
  2. "They will know you by your love for one another" has a new, sweeter meaning for me
  3. I like kissing
  4. I don't like slabs of pork fat
  5. It should not take 17 hours to get from Cuba to Houston
  6. Texas is beautiful
  7. I am incredibly selfish
  8. God is doing great things in Cuba
  9. I slept with a married man
  10. Last week was one of the most difficult weeks of my life
  11. My sufferings are nothing compared to Christ's suffering on the cross
  12. "If you are going to have one rule, that is the rule to have"
  13. I swam in the Caribbean
  14. No more rice and black beans. Ever.
  15. Americans have so much and yet are so poor in faith
  16. I spoke more Spanish last week than in my entire life
  17. Me gusta guava
  18. I have a Cuban boyfriend
  19. My friends mean so much to me
  20. Our God of wonders will always amaze me

4 comments:

Shanna said...

Things I learned in Cuba:
1) What Laurie said.
2) That I adore Laurie.
3) That God is amazing, fulfilling, loving, and communist defying.

Jessica said...

Welcome back!! Can't wait to hear more... :)

Jeanine said...

I can't wait to hear more about your trip! I'm so glad you made it back safely.

kelly said...

I'm glad you made it back ;)! I can't wait to read more about your trip. And I'm looking forward to some explanations: you slept with a married man?