Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Deception


I was at Target yesterday and was involved in a fiasco which I won't bore you with here. Suffice it to say I found several items to purchase and left with none of them out of sheer principle. While I was shopping I noticed an Issac Mizrahi skirt on display. The skirt was designed to look like a plank of wood. The spirals of wood grain are printed onto the fabric. This picture doesn't do it justice, but up close and in person it was quite evident. Ladies, do not be deceived! Just because Issac himself designed this thing does not mean it was a good idea! A word of caution, if you wear this you will end up looking less like a willow and more like a coffee table. The general impression will not be one of natural beauty, but one of tongue and groove flooring. Don't do it! Don't fall prey to the numbing power of the designer allure of Target! If you already bought the skirt, take it back! Don't say I didn't warn you.

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Hmmm..dressing like a tree doesn't sound smart. I'd hate for a dog to think i'm the real deal....yikes.

Anonymous said...

Is that called "tree-hugging" or is the tree hugging you?