Monday, September 12, 2005

Short but Fiery

So I'm fiery. Spicy. Saucy. Sassy. All of these adjectives have been used to describe me. But last night a friend postulated the idea that my fiery sass is not entirely a result of my fabulous personality, but rather could be traced back to my height.

Many short people are fiery, he says.

How many tall fiery people do you know, he asks.

Short people have to fight harder and yell louder to make it in a world dominated by those who tower above them, he theorizes.

My immediate desire was to pull out the teapot finger and give him a lecture on making generalized statements. But then I started to ponder and the only fiery people who came to mind all fall well into the "short" category. Anyone have any evidence to prove the theory wrong?

5 comments:

leslie said...

I'm short, and definitely firey! But I don't think everyone who is short is firey (i.e. Taylor Tran).

The amount of your fiestiness isn't directly related to height.

Anonymous said...

Ah, I feel the need to comment because I somehow believe my name was probably linked to the conversation. For starters, I prefer vertically challenged. As for taller women who are firey, try: Jennifer Lopez, Katie Couric, Naomi Campbell, and Madonna. Yes, they aren't "real" people, but they so count!

Troy said...

I don't think the hypothesis states that tall people cannot be "fiery." And, I do know for a fact that this "friend" of yours is in no way prejudiced againstshort people. Several of his family members fall into that category. One might even say that he is a "big" fan of short people.

Anonymous said...

So, I'm guessing that you don't consider me, your "tall" roommate fiery? Come on, I am so fiery! ;)

Karla said...

Yeah, I get those nicknames too. I do think there is a correlation between shortness and spunk. :) I've even been given the name "spitfire" before. Makes you wonder...