Monday, August 08, 2005

Surprise, Surprise

According to a new study by researchers in England, men have a harder time hearing women. That's right ladies, science now offers validity to what we've been saying for years: "Sometimes I think he's not even listening to me!".

According to this study, women's voices are more complex and are processed differently in the male brain than men's voices. Basically, when they listen to us it's more like listening to a piece of classical music. When they listen to other men it's like listening to basic, single tone noises. I could have told them that without doing a study.

7 comments:

Troy said...

Let me get this straight. Laurie, you are saying that men are biologically handicapped when listening to a woman's voice. If this is the way God designed men, it begs the question: "Why?"

Me said...

This is very basic hearing test that I ran across today - just thought it fit well! (I'm not sure how accurate it is)

http://www.hearing.siemens.de/00_en/50_besserhoeren/54_Hoertest/541_flash/flashtest.jsp

Me said...

Oops . . . looks like I need to break it up so it's visible . . .

http://www.hearing.siemens.de/
00_en/50_besserhoeren/54_hoertest/
541_flash/flashtest.jsp

Laurie said...

Troy if God tells you "why" he designed men that way please pass the answer along to the rest of us.

Anonymous said...

Ah, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha....... ha, ha, ha, ha, ha..... ha, ha, ha, ha....ha, ha, ha! Whew! Sorry.

Troy said...

My first thought when I read this was Proverbs 19:13.

Laurie said...

And MY first thought when I read about your first thought was "don't make me pull the teapot out on you!"