Wednesday, August 10, 2005

An Ode to First Boys

The following Ode was written by a single and fabulous anonymous writer. Nota Bene: The opinions expressed in the following publication do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog.

An Ode to First Boys


Let's be honest, let's be straight,
when I think about First boys, there is no one to date.

I tried to make a list of the dateable guys, in an attempt to make the most of it,
but come to find out, there are so few, their names all fit on a Post-it!

There are the cute Lighthouse boys,
but they are so young they still play with toys.

Don't forget all the older, wiser guys from Shed,
but before they ask a girl out, they'll all be dead!

And then there are those hip, cool guys from Elevate,
but they all love each other so much, they hardly date!

Not lagging behind are those boys from Illuminate,
but last time I checked they all refused to date.

What about those quiet, mysterious Journey men,
but they are such bad communicators, it is nearly a sin!

The options for dating really make me quiver,
I'd have a better chance scoring with a girl from the River!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laurie-
What a clever, wise, and beautifully fantastic friend you must have!

Troy said...

Should I state the obvious here?

AyDubb said...

So many smart-aleck responses, so little time...

leslie said...

Laurie,
I understand this is supposed to be light-hearted and funny, but I feel really bad for the guys when we poke fun at them for this kind of stuff. I think the girls are as much to blame as the guys are for the girls not being able to find a date. (I'm really trying to restrain myself here.)
There are some AWESOME guys at First (and there's more than can fit on a post-it!)

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... how many quiet, mysterious, pour communicating Journey boys can I think of.... As far as the post-it, how big is your "friend's" handwriting?

Laurie said...

Troy: Please state the obvious, I'm dying to hear it.

Leslie: I understand what you're saying, but as you pointed out it is just light-hearted and funny. This isn't meant to be a serious discussion of the dating scene at First. There are dozens if not hundreds of incredible guys at First and my brothers know I love them. Otherwise I wouldn't have posted it.

Daniel: I hardly know anyone in Journey, so they ALL seem quiet and mysterious! And to be honest, I don't know what kind of handwriting my friend has, we communicate largely by email.

Steven and Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Troy said...

Either we are an exception, or the guys of Paradigm are so bad that we aren't even worthy of mention! (Not to mention Big Sky. Am I forgetting anyone other classes?)

leslie said...

there's guys in Paradigm? j/k

Steven and Amanda said...

Men will ask out women who encourage them ... not women who berate them.

Karla said...

We're all just plain silly. Whether we're up in arms about not being asked out or on the defensive for being called out, bottom line is, there's a Bigger Force at work here (and I don't mean the Jedi Force). Patience, my children...

Anonymous said...

I was really sad to read this...I'm disappointed that a person would actually write a poem to this subject and that it would be posted for others to read. I understand if she is frustrated, but there is no reason to tear down the guys in Summit in this manner. I know it's all suppose to be in good fun, but I think those words could hurt. Being a woman, right now I'm actually ashamed of our gender for doing such a thing.

Anonymous said...

Well.... any of you ladies who are desperately looking for someone to date, I know of this Church over on Woodway and Voss that happens to specialize in dating. LOL

Steven and Amanda said...

Wanna know what Dave Bray has to say about all this? I'll tell the highest bidder. Do I hear $100?

Todd Richards said...

Dave probably said something to the effect of, "Whatever..."