Wednesday, June 15, 2005

It's lunch time, I'm hungry

Kristen's post on Casa Ole started me thinking about some of my favorite restaurants in the Houston area. I like to try small lesser known places that usually end up being surprisingly good. Some good ones include:

Pollo Campero ~ a chicken chain from Guatemala that is springing up all over Houston
Capt. Tom's Seafood ~ A little place in Katy that serves fresh, simple fried seafood
Los Cucos ~ The BEST Tex-Mex! Ryan, it all started on Highway Boulevard in Katy...
Hinze's BBQ ~ Dry-rub ribs...yummm
Mandola's ~ Mom & Pop style Italian sandwiches and lunch plates
Bevers' Kitchen ~ Not really in the Houston area (located in Chappell Hill) but the best home-cooking and pies around!

What are your favorites?

Now I'm going to finish up my lovely Lean Cuisine frozen ravioli meal...bursting with flavor.

3 comments:

Jared Counts said...

I'm pretty attached to Chuy's myself, but that's partially because of the creamy jalapeno sauce. Also, Los Cucos is pretty good, when their kitchen isn't being cleaned out by the INS. I went to high school in Katy, and every month or so, that restaurant would shut down because they had no staff.

Actually, if you were heading out that way, there was a little restaurant in Brookshire called Ernesto's that was really good. Unfortunately, the owner retired, and the new management has messed the place up.

Anonymous said...

Casa Ole' ROCKS!

I've posted on this before, but Fred's Italian Eatery, located at Greenbriar and Holcombe is great...shrimp tortellini alfredo - YUM!

Laurie said...

I think I ate at Fred's once...but didn't have the shrimp tortellini...will have to try it again.

Jared I completely agree that Chuy's creamy jalapeno is the best anywhere...hands down.