Thursday, March 24, 2011

On being a girl

This week I've been driving a rental car while my car is in the shop for repairs from the fender bender.
The indignity of driving a giant Impala around is bad enough, but to make matters worse, the interior light wouldn't turn off.

I pushed every button I could find. Opened and closed every door plus the trunk. Pushed the light itself. Tried turning every other light on and off. Nothing worked. I drove around with the interior light on all the time, even at night. It stayed on when the car was turned off. I could not figure out the solution.

Finally, I got so exasperated, I drove back to the rental place and asked them if they could figure out what was wrong with it. The rental guy got in the car, turned a knob and got back out again.

The light was off.

Thanks, Rental Guy. I kind of hate you a little bit now.

No comments: