Friday, March 19, 2010

Rodeo Redux

I went to the rodeo again last night. Don't EVEN get me started on the nightmare that was traffic and parking. If I had known how bad it would be, I would never have gone.

The Black Eyed Peas put on a fun, high-energy show that had everybody dancing.

But the memorable incident of the evening for me was before the concert. I was standing in line to order a drink and the guy behind me leaned forward and asked "are you wearing perfume?"

Cue LJ's internal monologue "oh cmon...you can do better than THAT!"

But out loud I warily replied "maybe."

"What kind of perfume is it?" he asked.

"I honestly don't remember if I put on perfume this morning. But if I did, it's Romance by Ralph Lauren."

"Well I'm enjoying the aura of scent around you."

"Ok thanks."

And from there I moved forward in the line without looking back.

I didn't think much of the incident until this morning when I had a conversation with some coworkers about how a couple of people in our building use entirely too much cologne/perfume. All of a sudden it hit me: could I be one of those people?! Was Rodeo Guy actually pointing out that I wear too much perfume? I thought he was just trying to awkwardly hit on me...but what if the truth is much more insidious?

I'm having a identity scent crisis.

No comments: