Monday, September 14, 2009

FAIL

I love it when single men try to be smooooth and fail miserably. Don't get me wrong, I'm not being malicious. I just think it's cute and kind of endearing when they are clearly trying so hard and then get all flustered and end up having to dig themselves out of a hole.

Case in point...

Yesterday evening I was at a dinner event where I bumped into a guy I recently met. He was chatting with me while filling up his glass of lemonade. He took a sip of the drink, winked at me and said "mmmm....this lemonade is sweeter than you."

Let me pause a moment and let that line sink in...

I looked at him and said "um, really? The lemonade is sweeter than me?"

Ahhh there it is...the light is dawning in his eyes and the horror-stricken look passes over his face as he tries pathetically to recover, internally cursing himself and mentally wishing for a magic rewind button.

"uhh I meant uhhh...the lemonade is as sweet as you are..."

hee hee :)

No comments: